Littleton Cricket Club was originally formed in 1919. After being disbanded, it was reformed in 1961 as the YMCA (Red Triangle) club, before again becoming Littleton Cricket Club. The club has always considered itself a village team primarily aimed at providing cricket for pleasure, and as a bonus also winning matches! In fact the Club did not start competing at league level until 1974 when a team was entered in the South West Hampshire League Division 2. During the year 2000, the club entered into a merger with West Hill, another long established side in Winchester, to create a new club.
There are two Saturday league sides, the first eleven who play in Hampshire League County Division 4 North, and the second eleven who play in the Hampshire League Regional Division 2, North East.
The ultimate aim of the Club is to provide friendly, sociable cricket, hopefully with a high level of success, and allow Parishioners and non Parishioners to play the game, either at a high level, or just to enjoy a ‘relaxing’ fixture.
We are very lucky to have superb facilities which we are able to maintain through the assistance of Littleton Sports Club and the active support of Littleton & Harestock Parish Council.
Andy Walker (Chairman)
To get involved or find out more – please visit the website here: